The main fuel line is disconnected at the filter and that piece of line comes down with the tank.
1. Drain the fuel tank.
2. Remove the rear seat cushion.
3. Detach the grommet.
Vehicles Without Returnless Fuel System
4. Disconnect the fuel pump module electrical connector and disconnect the fuel return line.
Vehicles With Returnless Fuel System
5. Disconnect the fuel pump module electrical connector and the fuel pump module supply line.
6. Raise and support the vehicle.
7. Disconnect the fuel filter outlet connector.
NOTE: Fuel supply line connectors are white or are identified by a white band.
8. Support the fuel tank.
CAUTION: When supporting the fuel tank, use a suitable packing material to prevent damage to the underside of the fuel tank.
9. Remove the fuel tank support straps.
10. Partially lower the fuel tank.
CAUTION: When lowering the fuel tank, make sure that excessive strain is not placed on pipes and electrical connectors.
11. Disconnect the fuel filler neck from the fuel tank.
12. Disconnect the fuel vapor recirculation hose.
13. Disconnect the On-board Refueling Vapor Recovery (ORVR) refueling hose (if equipped).
14. Remove the fuel tank (vehicles with returnless fuel system shown).
1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 AT 8:49 AM