3 OIL LEAK

2004 Mazda

DOHCTT

July, 22, 2007 AT 3:52 PM

I have a 2004 Mazda 3 with the 2.3L 100,000+ miles on it so the warranty is expired I bought it brand new never been used.I recently noticed it had a oil leak. But after cleaning up of the oil under neath it I am unsure of the location of the leak.I also noticed that it looks like the oil pan does not match up with my engine block is this a mistake? Or is it just the way it is. What can I do to fix this problem before I have to take it into a dealer or shop and spend 4 digit $ repairs on that and other problems that dont exist and get screwd over please help!

Oil Leak From Engine

Cosmo

September, 27, 2007 AT 10:55 PM

The oil pans don't look like they totally line up. This is just the casting of the oil pan itself.

The 2.3L engine uses a cartidge type filter that requires teh removal of an oil cap to acess teh oil filter. Many times this cover can be cracked when being removed with the incorrect tool (the incorrect tool being channel locks)

By the way.I work for a dealer.I have replaced many 2.3 engines that were taken to after market shops-that don't rip you off. Like the dealer. And cracked this cover and blow up engines.

Cosmo

Mazda Tech

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front