HELP

1996 Mazda MX6

darren.richard

November, 11, 2009 AT 1:41 PM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1996 Mazda MX6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

Hello wondering if anyone had information on a couple things about this car.

Is the fuel pump in/outside the gas tank?

also i took this car to get repaired years ago and
the mechanics told me they replaced the cv axles,
since then the car has made an aweful loud humming noise, i never did take it back to the mechanics because i moved out of town the same day it was fixed.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/433691_IMG00294200911081322_1.jpg

Docfixit

November, 11, 2009 AT 1:54 PM

Yes fuel pump in tank could you elaborate on noise?

darren.richard

November, 11, 2009 AT 1:59 PM

When the wheels are turning, there's a loud humming noise, the faster I go, the louder it gets.

Never used to do that b4 it went in to get 2 new cv axles.

I did get a new motor put in as well during that repair

could it be a harmonic balancer?

To me it sounds like its coming from the front axles.

Docfixit

November, 11, 2009 AT 2:10 PM

Is noise present going straight? Louder when turning?
If you turn left and noise increases then right wheel bearing if turning right then left bearing.

darren.richard

November, 11, 2009 AT 2:18 PM

Yes noise is there when going straight, it would get louder going around corners, when I went around a dog left leg corner on a highway, sometimes would hear some metal tinging.

As for the fuel pump I assume I need a new one unless you guys know something better then I do.

I was test driving a new truck and it was winter outside so I left the car running while I took the truck for a test drive. I almost ran the car out of fuel, it was probably running on fumes I drove it down to dads which was 3km away and since then it hasnt it hasnt been started. It cranks but no fuel/fire.
I added a jerry can of gas and still nothing.

Docfixit

November, 11, 2009 AT 2:27 PM

Check for spark pull plug wire hold next to block if spark then spray carb cleaner into air intake if it lites then fuel delivery issue. Maybe fuse, relay or pump.
As for noise jack up front see if any play in wheel rotate sound rough any noise?

darren.richard

November, 11, 2009 AT 2:27 PM

When I heard the metal tinging going around the corner, my rpm guage would fluctuate a little bit not much.

CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Axle Seal Replacement