NO FUEL

1993 Mazda MX6

Standfirm

August, 1, 2011 AT 10:16 PM

I have a 1993 Mazda mx6 2.5 L, 5spd. Std. My problem is not getting fuel. Recently had the fuel pump replaced, fuel filter, all fuses and relays are good. New Dist. Assy. Replaced. After this work was done car ran well for 6months, then one day she wouldn't start. Cranks over but am not getting fuel to rail. Line from tank to rail is clear pump is o.K. I'm in the process of getting a new crank sensor to see if this will solve the problem, any help would be much appreciated.

August, 1, 2011 AT 11:07 PM

Check and test the fuel pump relay On fuse/relay block in engine compartment

Standfirm

August, 3, 2011 AT 11:43 PM

I am getting a positive test on the relay block and the fuel pump relay is good. Still not getting fuel.

rivermikerat

September, 17, 2011 AT 9:08 PM

Make sure the filter is still flowing fuel properly. Remove the fuel pump and bench test it to be sure it is pumping fuel. With the age and mileage of your vehicle, I would hazard a guess that your fuel tank also has contaminants in it that may have clogged either the pump or filter.

Standfirm

September, 20, 2011 AT 1:52 AM

Thank you for your advise. It turns out that the connection to the fuel tank wascorraded. Rather than replace this connection I hard wired it and the problem has been solved. Thanks again.

rivermikerat

September, 20, 2011 AT 3:21 AM

My pleasure. Thanks for letting us know all is well.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement