1997 Mazda 626 tail lights, dash lights, parking lights, ou

TRUDYNINER
  • 1997 MAZDA 626
Hello, I have a 1997 mazda 626 lx. My problem, the dash lights, tail lights, parking lights, and license plate lights are out. My head lights and blinkers still work, and the fuse is good. What could my problem be?

thank you

mark
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 AT 3:00 PM

TBGREEN21
You have a bad relay in the fuse/relay box in the engine compartment. ( Under the hood) not inside the car. Lift the hood, find the relay box (near the drivers side fender under the hood, take cover off it and without the engine on turn the parking lights on only, you should hear a click in the relay box. Turn the switch on and off with your right hand while feeling the relays with your left hand to locate the one that clicks when the parking lights are turned on and off. If the parking lights do not work but this relay is clicking IT IS BAD remove it and replace it. If you want a simple test. Swap another relay into this relays position and see if the parking lights work. If they do you have found the bad relay.
Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 2:39 PM
TRUDYNINER
HELLO, WELL THANKS ANYWAYS, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE PROBLEM, I HAVE ALREADY FIXED MY PROBLEM, IT WAS A BAD COMBINATION SWITCH BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL, IT WAS 45.00, AND IT TOOK ABOUT 30-45 MIN TO FIX. 1-14-2008
+1
Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 9:47 PM