1997 Mazda 626 dash board lights and tails

ZIPPY08
  • 1997 MAZDA 626
1997 Mazda 626 4 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 14000 miles

I have a 1997 Mazda 626 LE. The dashboard lights and tail lights are out. I checked all of the fuses they seem to be alright. All of my other lights work but these. What could be the problem?
Thursday, December 20th, 2007 AT 5:26 PM

TRUDYNINER
[quote="zippy08"]Electrical problem

I have a 1997 Mazda 626 LE. The dashboard lights and tail lights are out. I checked all of the fuses they seem to be alright. All of my other lights work but these. What could be the problem?[/Quote

hello, I just had the same problem, my dash lights, tail lights, parking lights, and license plate lights went out, and the fuse was still good. The problem was the combination switch, it was 45.00 for the part, and it took me about 30-45 min to change the part out.
-2
Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 12:08 PM
TBGREEN21
You have a bad relay in the fuse box in the engine compartment. (Some people call then combination switches). Dont pay $45.00 for them. The relays are all made in china and packaged by different companies. Removing the bad one is as simple as unpluging an extention cord from a wall socket. Take the bad one out and bring it in to the local parts store and ask them to match it with one for a GM car. The GM relay with the same pins is exactly the same inside as your original but with a different part number and they only cost $14.00 to $16.00. If the parts person doesnt have a clue ask to look in the electronics reference book they have and match a picture of one they stock with yours.
+3
Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 2:23 PM
LP48322
The original problem (posted by zippy08) was 1997 Mazda 626 LE.
However, you mentioned about combination switch and GM.
I have a 1996 Lumina (which is GM) and have the same problem.
The dashboard lights and tail lights are out.
I checked the fuse (on driver side, under the hood and next to the horn switch) and it appears good. I have also tried out Duralast brand (from autozone) headlight switch.
No difference.
I have found that several GM car owners have the same problem.
Can you tell me where I can find the combination switch for 1996 Lumina.

Another problem regrading relay (not fuse).
TMy 1996 Lumina has two fans for radiator cooling.
I understand that one fan is for air conditioning and it supposedly turned on when aor conditioning is on. I found two relays for two fans in the fuse box under the hood (passenger side).
Can I switch the two relays to diagnosen if the fan relay for air conditioning is bad?
Can I use a china made relay instead of expensive GM made for replacement?

Lee
+1
Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 AT 2:48 PM