1992 LEXUS LS 400 KEY IN IGNITION WILL NOT START CAR.

• nshingles
  • 1992 Lexus LS 400

Computer problem
1992 Lexus LS 400 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 189, 00 miles

I put the key in the ignition, you can hear the dinging and lights appear on dash. But when I try to turn the key it won't move. Called several locksmiths, no will touch it because it has too many small parts that could be wrong. Does anyone know why this happening and should this be happening? Can I just have another key made? According to lexus dealership it's not the key. So what is it?

Tuesday, June 24th, 2008 AT 6:46 PM

• mark frizzell

Have u disconnected the battery or have had power loss, if so try unlocking the car door with the key first then try to start it. If not give a small tugg on the steering wheel at the same time and make sure it is in park all the way.

Saturday, July 19th, 2008 AT 1:31 PM
  • carriedevane

THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THE SAME THING. BUT IT WAS THE KEY.I TOOK MY CHANCES AND SPENT THE 64 DOLLARS FOR A NEW KEY AND IT WORKED FINE. MY OLD ONE WAS JUST WORN DOWN TOO MUCH, IT WOULD STILL WORK THE DOOR LOCKS AND TRUNK BUT SAME AS YOU IT WOULD NOT TURN THE IGNITION. SO I WOULD SAY GO HAVE THE NEW KEY MADE.

Monday, September 15th, 2008 AT 7:07 PM