Remote door lock/panic not working

AMOODY
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

The remote door lock/panic of my vehicle is not working any more. Changed the battery on the remote itself and not working.

Battery of the car went down for a week or so, and I had to use a booster to switch on the ignition. Is something like that, I mean a long period without battery, related to the remote not working any more?

Thank you
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 AT 9:16 AM

KEN
When you jumped the car did you connect the jumpers correctly, not backwards? If okay lets check the security system fuses (#22, 28, 7 and 18). Here is a guide to help us get started with the security system wiring diagrams and fuse locations below:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
Thursday, November 29th, 2018 AT 10:38 AM
AMOODY
Checked fuses. All okay. However, found this weird button and switch in the fuse box. What that would be?
Sunday, December 16th, 2018 AT 8:10 PM
KEN
Oh boy, this looks like an aftermarket alarm system has been installed which cause all kinds of problems. Can you follow the wiring to see where it goes? Try to find the control box and take a picture so I can see what's going on.
Monday, December 17th, 2018 AT 9:32 AM