WILL NOT START SOMETIMES.

2002 Jeep Wrangler

schatgd

November, 19, 2009 AT 2:41 PM

2002 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 100580 miles

My 2002 JEEP Wrangler will not start half of the time. Someone told me that it could be the neutral safety switch. If so where is it at and how can I bypass it?

November, 19, 2009 AT 5:05 PM

My 2002 JEEP Wrangler will not start half of the time.

Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing?

schatgd

November, 23, 2009 AT 3:54 PM

It will not turn over. All of the dash lights and gauges are on but will not turn over. One time we rocked the Jeep back and forth to get it to start.

November, 23, 2009 AT 3:58 PM

Do below: Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test