JEEP LIBERTY HEATER FAN ONLY WORKS IN 2 3 OR 4 NOT 1

• billmik10
  • Jeep Liberty

2003 jeep liberty 3.7 42000 mi. A/c or heater fan only works in 2, 3 or 4 not 1 any ideas? Some say its a resister pack or switch? Wheres resister pack at and how or what to check?
thanks

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 AT 7:02 PM

• 2CarPros Ken
  • Admin

Yes, your heater speed controller is out, this is locted in the heater box. (Speed resistor) please let me know

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 AT 7:18 PM
  • billmik10

Thanks for your answer, but where is this located? You say in heater box, Meaning? Where the motor is? Or back behind the switch panel? And can it be checked with a ohm meter before I go buy one?

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 AT 8:13 PM
  • billmik10

Ok I replaced the part and its fixed thanks!

If others whant to know where this resistor is see below.

How do you replace a blower motor resistor in a 2003 jeep Liberty?

Answer

Open your glove box and empty it out. There will be two supports on each side of the glove box, push these towards each other and the glovebox will kind of "fall out.&Quot; It will still be hinged but hanging down far. You will then see a 5 wire connector going to a mount with two screws. Unscrew both of these with a nut driver, the whole thing will pull out. It is a creditcard sized resistor board. Unplug the cable from the resistor. This is what you need to replace to make it work correctly with 1 2 and 3.

Monday, June 18th, 2007 AT 12:08 PM