Heater fan only works in two, three or four not one

BILLMIK10
  • JEEP LIBERTY

2003, 3.7, 42,000 miles. A/C or heater fan only works in two, three or four not one. Any ideas? Some say its a resister pack or switch? Where is resister pack at and how or what to check?
thanks

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 AT 7:02 PM

2CARPROS KEN

Yes, it sounds like your blower motor resistor is out this is located in the heater box near the blower motor. (speed resistor) please let me know.

Here are some diagrams (below) and some guide to help you test to confirm the problem and get it fixed:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please run some tests and get back to us we are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 AT 7:18 PM
BILLMIK10

Thanks for your answer, but where is this located? You say in heater box, Meaning? Where the motor is? Or back behind the switch panel? And can it be checked with a ohm meter before I go buy one?

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 AT 8:13 PM
BILLMIK10

Okay, I replaced the part and its fixed thanks!

If others want to know where this resistor is see below:

How do you replace a blower motor resistor in a 2003 jeep Liberty?
Answer:

Open your glove box and empty it out. There will be two supports on each side of the glove box, push these towards each other and the glove box will kind of "fall out." It will still be hinged but hanging down far. You will then see a five wire connector going to a mount with two screws. Unscrew both of these with a nut driver, the whole thing will pull out. It is a credit card size resistor board. Unplug the cable from the resistor. This is what you need to replace to make it work correctly with one, two and three.

+6
Monday, June 18th, 2007 AT 12:08 PM
MADSHOPPER

Is this a dealer item? You have the same problem with my A/C on my 2007 Jeep Liberty. Position one and two do not work at all.

Friday, June 30th, 2017 AT 3:26 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Yes, this is a dealer item only.

Please use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help. Tell a friend please.

Cheers, Ken

Sunday, July 2nd, 2017 AT 8:39 PM