Air blows out defrost only?

DAVIDO
  • 2005 JEEP LIBERTY
Hello, I have a 2005 jeep liberty and the ac and heat only seems to blow out the defrost position. What could cause this and where is the location of the problem to look at for the fix? I am mechanically inclined so I am willing to do whatever to fix the problem. Thanks for your help
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 1:28 PM

DOCFIXIT

Is sounds like the small vacuum line that goes from the engine to the firewall that feeds the HVAC system is broken here is a guide and a diagrams below to help you see what to do.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-vents-stay-in-the-defrost-position

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
+3
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 1:37 PM
DAVIDO
Thank you for responding so fast. I see what your wanting me to look at and I have 1 line going in and then 2 lines coming out on the other side. All the hoses are connected to #4. Other than just eyeing to see if connected was there something else to do at that point? Thanks
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 1:47 PM
DOCFIXIT
Diagram misleading check valve is plastic thing remove if can blow both was the valve faulty
+1
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 2:08 PM
DAVIDO
I apologize. Not understanding your response. What I did was start the car removed the plastic valve and what I got was suction on the side with the t or 2 hoses and nothing on the other. I am not sure if this does anything for you but please let me know what I need to do from here. Thanks
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 2:22 PM
DOCFIXIT
Turn mode select switch to Recirculate is there vacuum on hose 2?
+1
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 2:39 PM
DAVIDO
Thank you for responding. I started the car and put it on recirc and disconnected hose #2 from the diagram and the is NO suction. Next so I checked under the hood and sure enough and found a broken line all fixed now thanks. I wish I did that earlier DOH
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 3:04 PM
WRENCHTECH
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help

Cheers
+1
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 AT 4:12 PM