2003 JEEP LIBERTY WEAK HEAT

• mnwildfan2k
  • 2003 Jeep Liberty

Heater problem
2003 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 76000 miles

Heat from 03 Liberty is pretty weak. Seems to work MUCH better if " recirculate" is selected, however, that does not bring in fresh air, thus fogging the windows. If deforst, lower, or upper vents are selected, heat is " luke warm" at best. I have already done; blower motor resistor, new ac/heater control knob panel, new thermostat, heater core/radiatior flush, checked coolant numerous times for level, and air locks. I'm getting tired of thowing money at this issue. Any help or ideas. PLEASE! Thanks in advance!

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 2:21 PM

• James W.

The AC compressor should run in the defrost mode, but not in any of the other heat settings. If the AC runs in the other settings, this could cause your problem. Also. Check the blend door in the under dash heater box to see if it is moving all the way to the heat position. Please advise.

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 3:24 PM
  • mnwildfan2k

Ac compressor does not run under " normal" heat settings. I have heard about this " blend door" I have looked for it and cannot seem to locate it. I have not been able to pick up a repair manual for this pig yet sorry. I think it may be behind the glove box, slightly to the left. I will have to rip the whole dash appart to get at it. This could get ugly. Whats your thought on a bad vacuum line? Thats the other " common response" im getting in regards to this issue.

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 4:28 PM
  • James W.

It could be a vacuum line going to the blend door actuator. If you have, or have access to, a fax #, Ican ship you a diagram of your heater box. I normally can attach it to this post, but my cut/paste is giving me grief.

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 5:27 PM
  • mnwildfan2k

I would appreciate that. FAX is 5072826168. If you can get it to me by Wed morning, I would greatly appreciate it. I will be out of the office then and would like to get this thing hammered out. Looks like we start tearing down. : -) Thanks again for all your help!

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 8:59 PM
  • James W.

Fax is on the way. 507 area, you must be in southern Minnesota.

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 11:09 PM
  • mnwildfan2k

Thanks James " Jim" im assuming. I received your fax. I will be attempting to tear into this tomorrow. (Wedbesday) We shall see what happens. I get up to the cities about twice a week for work. If I would have known you were so close, I would have drove this darn thing up to you and dropped it off so you can rip it apart and deal with it. : -) Thanks again for all your help.

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 11:57 PM