Weak Heater

MNWILDFAN2K
  • 2003 JEEP LIBERTY
Heat from 03 Liberty is pretty weak. Seems to work MUCH better if "recirculate" is selected, however, that does not bring in fresh air, thus fogging the windows. If deforst, lower, or upper vents are selected, heat is "luke warm" at best. I have already done; blower motor resistor, new ac/heater control knob panel, new thermostat, heater core/radiator flush, checked coolant numerous times for level, and air locks. I'm getting tired of throwing money at this issue.

Ac compressor does not run under "normal" heat settings. I have heard about this "blend door" I have looked for it and cannot seem to locate it. I have not been able to pick up a repair manual for this pig yet sorry. I think it may be behind the glove box, slightly to the left. I will have to rip the whole dash apart to get at it. This could get ugly. Whats your thought on a bad vacuum line? Thats the other "common response" im getting in regards to this issue.

Any help or ideas. PLEASE! Thanks in advance!
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 2:21 PM

JAMES W.
It could be a vacuum line going to the blend door actuator or one of the electric actuators is out.

Here is a guide that will give you an idea of what you are in for when changing the actuator.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 5:27 PM
MNWILDFAN2K
I will be out of the office then and would like to get this thing hammered out. Looks like we start tearing down. :-) Thanks again for all your help!
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 8:59 PM
JAMES W.
No problem please let me know what happens.
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 11:09 PM
MNWILDFAN2K
Thanks James "Jim" im assuming. I will be attempting to tear into this tomorrow. (Wednesday) We shall see what happens. I get up to the cities about twice a week for work. If I would have known you were so close, I would have drove this darn thing up to you and dropped it off so you can rip it apart and deal with it. :-) Once I got the actuator out you can see where the housing cracked and once I replaced it it works perfect. 2Carpros rocks.

Thanks again for all your help.
-1
Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 11:57 PM
D.REED31
  • 2002 JEEP LIBERTY
I have a 2002 jeep liberty sport and I had it to the dealer 5 time within 6 weeks from getting it because of no heat. They changed everything and anything even flushing the system but still no heat. Now I have a massive oil leak and cant find where it came from ready to junk this jeep. Please help if you can. Thank you
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017 AT 9:10 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371
Look on the receipts and tell us what they did

D.REED31
They changed the thermastat, heatercore, blower and blower motor, flushed the system multiple times, and changed the radiator cap, even the controls they changed. I bought it in january 2012 for $6,300.00 so from that point on till now I did a oil change in september and they claim they did one when I bought it. I didnt have any oil leaks until 2 days ago and it leaked like 3/4 of the oil out of the engine and im afriad to start it again because I tryed starting it it sounded really rough idle and it misses now too.
ASEMASTER6371
I know this will sounds weird but raise the back of the car as high as you can with the heater and engine on this will remove the air pocket that is stuck in the heater core.

D.REED31
I said to them about a possible head gasket leak and their mechanic replyed with if that happens there would be coolent mixed in with the oil and you would have white or a dark smoke coming outta the tailpipe. So now im without a vehicle because they messed up and didnt do the right testing I guess because they didnt say they did any of the testing what you mentioned. What would be my next step?By the way the oil is basically coming right back out on the ground.
ASEMASTER6371
You can have a bad head gasket without the symptoms he mentioned

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/head-gasket-blown-test

D.REED31
I just had a mechanic come and look at it and it is the head gasket. Thank you for your time Roy