Windshield Wipers not working correctly

RSWANN21
  • 2004 JEEP CHEROKEE
Six cylinder four wheel drive automatic

I was wondering what the problem was with the wipers on my vehicle? I have only had the vehicle for about a month and ever since I bought it the wipers have driven me crazy. They work perfectly normal on low and high speed and the wash switch works fine but the problem is in the intervals. The wipers will turn on and stop in various positions on the windshield, they will be going then stop vertical and diagonal. And also not just in intervals but anytime I turn the windshield wipers on, I have to guess when they are coming to the resting place and turn them off real quick as like a guessing game to get them to stop at the bottom out of my sight, as if I just turn them off they stop wherever they are at that point on the windshield. What could be the problem? I would appreciate any information!
Thursday, August 20th, 2009 AT 4:38 PM

MERLIN2021
This will sound crazy, but your wipers operate through the BCM (Body control module) and the multifunction switch (steering column). Powered by two micro relays under the hood in the power distribution center, then to the wiper control module, any of theses, except maybe the relays, could be the cause! A test with a Chrysler DRB III tool is needed to find out if a module, or the motor, or switch is at fault. My money is on the wiper motor park switch, inside the motor, but test first!
Operation; the front wiper module operation is controlled by the battery current inputs received by the wiper motor from the wiper on/off and wiper high/low relays. The wiper motor speed is controlled by current flow to either the low speed or the high speed set of brushes. The park switch is a single pole, single throw, momentary switch within the wiper motor that is mechanically actuated by the wiper motor transmission components. The park switch alternately closes the wiper park switch sense circuit to ground or to battery current, depending upon the position of the wipers on the glass. This feature allows the motor to complete its current wipe cycle after the wiper system has been turned off, and to park the wiper blades in the lowest portion of the wipe pattern. The automatic resetting circuit breaker protects the motor from overloads. The wiper motor crank arm, the two wiper linkage members, and the two wiper pivots mechanically convert the rotary output of the wiper motor to the back and forth wiping motion of the wiper arms and blades on the glass.
+3
Thursday, August 20th, 2009 AT 4:49 PM
DPM10989
  • 2004 JEEP CHEROKEE
Six cylinder four wheel drive automatic 86,000 miles

We had a big snow storm recently and after cleaning ice and snow off my windshield, my wipers no longer work. There is not even a noise, nothing. How bad is it?

Thanks!

Dorothy
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 5:36 PM (Merged)
LEGITIMATE007
That is really a crazy coincidence, you will need to check the fuse/relay for the wipers. I believe it is a relay. Because if it was the motor, you would still hear the clicking of the relay.
+1
DPM10989
After finding out it was just a fuse, the LED light on my radio is blown out. The repair shop I used said it was "just a coincidence" and takes no blame for it.
LEGITIMATE007
Do you mean the problem is now fixed? Yeah shops never want to take blame for anything, even if you see it happen. They will still try to find some way to say it was not them.
RAVAND1999
  • 2011 JEEP CHEROKEE
Ticklish problem of rain in the Jeep Cherokee Limited does not work.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
No offense, but I need just a little more to go on. I am here to help.
RAVAND1999
Sensitive scanner rain in the windscreen was working before now. But now stopped working despite automatically activate case. Where he was working by hand only in any non-automatic.
RAVAND1999
In other words, the delicate does not work (on the windshield) of the vehicle in the Jeep Cherokee Limited 2011. I ask please help me. I checked the note and the specialist told me the need to switch sensitive rain.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
I am sure hes right. It probably needs a new rain sensor.
+1
JANINEP8
  • 2001 JEEP CHEROKEE
Four cylinder four wheel drive automatic

The back window on the drivers side will not go down. And the rear wiper will not work. I think it is the motor. How do I fix it?
MAXBAX
  • 2003 JEEP CHEROKEE
Wipers do not work only the running lights are working. Could it just be a fuse?