TRANSMISSION FAIL LIGHT ON, IN A JAGUA

1999 Jaguar XK8

Patrick2

November, 2, 2010 AT 8:22 AM

1999 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 52000 miles

Hey guys, new here hoping to get some insight into my cars problem. It is a 1999 jaguar XK8 with 52K miles.

1) Fail engine mode light has been on for a while (I've been told I need a new break switch), as well as traction control fail/ stability control fail, which comes and goes intermittently. These have not impaired my cars performance at all.

Now last night, for the first time I got the message 'transmission fail.'' I was still able to drive my car, as the dashboard light was only amber, not red. However, it took for me to push on the gas peddle a lot more for the care to move forward. Had to drive it for about an hour, and it brought me home thankfully, and was able to drive up to 50 or 60 mph on the highway.

_ Is this a transmission problem and if so, what exactly do you guys think the problem is?

_ Any estimates on what this would cost would be great.

Jagtech360

November, 2, 2010 AT 7:32 PM

You need to replace the brake switch first. This can cause transmission issues also. Switch is inexpensive and not that difficult to change. Let me know what happens.