2001 S TYPE HARD START WARM

• rlncjnfty
  • 2001 Jaguar XJS

I have a 2001 Jaguar S Type with 125,000 miles. It runs good, mileage is good. Problem is when the car has been driven for a while and then sits for a bit the engine spins over for 30 seconds before starting. When it does start, although it runs clean, there is a distinct odor of raw fuel. Cold starts are great as are immediate restarts anytime. Puddling injector? HELP

Thursday, April 20th, 2006 AT 3:27 PM

• Jack42

Possibly but more likely the fuel press reg

Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 AT 4:46 PM
  • fstranger302

The car does not have a fuel pressure regulator. It does sound like you have a injector problem. It also could be in the fuel tank, the cars were known in that year to have a hose for the transfer pump to come off. It can cause all sorts of problems but it sounds more like a injector good luck

Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 AT 8:27 PM
  • MStorm

This could be a similar problem that happens with the XJS's, when you shut the vehicle off, there is fuel being dumped into the system and in essence the vehicle is "slightly" flooding itself.
That would explain why it doesn't do it when it's cold, but does it after it's been driven a bit.
On my XJS, this is the case, but it always starts.
Give this a try, after you have driven it a while, try to start it normally, if it doesn't after 5 seconds or so, turn the key off completely, then try to start it again.

Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 2:57 PM