S TYPE HARD START WARM

2001 Jaguar XJS

rlncjnfty

April, 20, 2006 AT 3:27 PM

I have a 2001 Jaguar S Type with 125,000 miles. It runs good, mileage is good. Problem is when the car has been driven for a while and then sits for a bit the engine spins over for 30 seconds before starting. When it does start, although it runs clean, there is a distinct odor of raw fuel. Cold starts are great as are immediate restarts anytime. Puddling injector? HELP

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

Jack42

April, 25, 2006 AT 4:46 PM

Possibly but more likely the fuel press reg

fstranger302

September, 20, 2006 AT 8:27 PM

The car does not have a fuel pressure regulator. It does sound like you have a injector problem. It also could be in the fuel tank, the cars were known in that year to have a hose for the transfer pump to come off. It can cause all sorts of problems but it sounds more like a injector good luck

MStorm

June, 12, 2008 AT 2:57 PM

This could be a similar problem that happens with the XJS's, when you shut the vehicle off, there is fuel being dumped into the system and in essence the vehicle is " slightly" flooding itself.
That would explain why it doesn't do it when it's cold, but does it after it's been driven a bit.
On my XJS, this is the case, but it always starts.
Give this a try, after you have driven it a while, try to start it normally, if it doesn't after 5 seconds or so, turn the key off completely, then try to start it again.

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test