2001 S TYPE HARD START WARM

• rlncjnfty
  • 2001 Jaguar XJS

I have a 2001 Jaguar S Type with 125,000 miles. It runs good, mileage is good. Problem is when the car has been driven for a while and then sits for a bit the engine spins over for 30 seconds before starting. When it does start, although it runs clean, there is a distinct odor of raw fuel. Cold starts are great as are immediate restarts anytime. Puddling injector? HELP

Thursday, April 20th, 2006 AT 3:27 PM

• Jack42

Possibly but more likely the fuel press reg

Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 AT 4:46 PM
  • fstranger302

The car does not have a fuel pressure regulator. It does sound like you have a injector problem. It also could be in the fuel tank, the cars were known in that year to have a hose for the transfer pump to come off. It can cause all sorts of problems but it sounds more like a injector good luck

Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 AT 8:27 PM
  • MStorm

This could be a similar problem that happens with the XJS's, when you shut the vehicle off, there is fuel being dumped into the system and in essence the vehicle is " slightly" flooding itself.
That would explain why it doesn't do it when it's cold, but does it after it's been driven a bit.
On my XJS, this is the case, but it always starts.
Give this a try, after you have driven it a while, try to start it normally, if it doesn't after 5 seconds or so, turn the key off completely, then try to start it again.

Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 2:57 PM