Thank you for the donation.
To get to the heater core, it is not an easy job and the complete removal/installation procedures comes up to more than 100 pages as it involves the removal of the instrument panel.
If the heater core is leaking, the coolant would most likely to be inside the cabin as the heater core is located within the cabin.
Since the leakage is external, I would suggest checking the hoses to the heater core or other coolant hoses in engine compartment.
Here are the short description of removal of the heater core. Some of the diagrams might help you to identify where to look for leakages. If you require more information on instrument panel removal, I would try to get them for you.
1. Drain radiator coolant only; refer to COOLING SYSTEM .
2. Remove instrument panel for access; refer to
INSTRUMENT PANEL .
3. Remove driver footwell duct.
" Remove screw.
" Remove duct.
4. Disconnect cool air bypass servo motor connector and heater matrix pipes.
" Disconnect connector (1).
" Remove screws and retaining brackets (2).
" Remove screws and matrix clamps (3).
" Detach pipes from matrix.
5. Remove heater matrix from heater/cooler assembly.
" Remove screw (1).
" Remove retaining plate (2).
" Reposition instrument panel support bracket to permit removal of heater matrix (RHD only) (3).
" Remove heater matrix.
Lubricate and install new O-ring seals.
1. Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 12:24 PM