It is a drive-by-wire system, no throttle

MIKEBKFD
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
Yes, it is a drive-by-wire system. I have no accelerator pedal whatsoever when I turn the car to the arm position or started the throttle body you can hear it click three times but then nothing. I changed the actuator motor and I've changed the throttle positioning sensor. It has done this to me three times. The first time for three days the second time for a couple hours and then this time for 3 days now.
Sunday, May 17th, 2020 AT 7:14 PM

Hi,

Do you have diagnostic trouble codes? Also, have you checked the voltages at the accelerator pedal position sensor?

Let me know. I have the diagnostics for the APP if you need them. Also, if they exist, let me know what codes you have.

Take care,
+1
Sunday, May 17th, 2020 AT 7:51 PM
MIKEBKFD
Yes, the codes are p0122, p0223, p022, p2104, p2112, 6 p2110 and p2111. I know I do not have the voltage measurements for the accelerator pedal.
Monday, May 18th, 2020 AT 10:01 AM
Wow, that's more than I thought. I went through each one. Rather than giving you a thousand page flow chart, here is where I suggest starting. It seems the codes center around the APP sensor and the TP voltages. So, that is where I would start. I attached the voltages at the APP sensor. Check that and let me know what you find.

If you want the flow chart, let me know.

Monday, May 18th, 2020 AT 8:42 PM
MIKEBKFD
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
Yes, I have to drive by wire system when the car is running I have 12 volts coming out of the throttle body actuator motor which controls the butterfly and when it is running it is clicking like crazy inside there. I have replaced that motor and throttle positioning sensor and throttle positioning pedal sensor. Still no luck. No throttle once so ever so I'm kind of stuck on if it's the computer or not. Need some help.
Thursday, May 28th, 2020 AT 3:18 PM (Merged)

Sponsored links