Engine safe mode

TULPA
  • 2005 FORD EXPLORER
  • RWD
I disconnected the battery for about two minutes and now the car is in safe mode. Cannot drive it anywhere. What can I do? It starts up with no problem, but says fail safe mode and has a wrench light on. Update I disconnected the battery for about twenty minutes, hooked it back up low oil pressure went away, but still in safe mode let it idle for about ten minutes shut it off. It did not want to turn over at first, but when it did all problems seem to have gone away.
Sunday, January 29th, 2017 AT 1:09 PM

You may have stumbled onto a solution, and I am really happy you did. When you remove power from the system and then hook it up again it can get mixed up kind of like when you boot a computer sometimes you need to do it more than once to get it to initiate.

The aftermarket industry has come up with all kinds of "memory saver" devices designed to allow the battery to be replaced without having to go to the dealer. Some just plug into the cigarette lighter, but you have to have a car where the lighter works with the ignition switch turned off.
Sunday, January 29th, 2017 AT 2:55 PM
TULPA
Well I hope this helps out other people. Thanks for the replies.
-1
Sunday, January 29th, 2017 AT 3:59 PM
I have two vehicles with built-in factory anti-theft systems. Both have less than 5,000 miles, and I rarely drive them. My daily drivers do not have anti-theft systems, and don't need them. If I'd leave the keys in them, car thieves would bring the cars back! They just aren't worth stealing. The reward for being seen in such sad vehicles is I never have to worry about having to walk home because the anti-theft system prevented me from driving there.
Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 3:28 PM
TULPA
Lol that's funny
Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 5:05 PM