2004 ISUZU RODEO QUESTION 4 WHEEL DRIVE NOT ENGAGING

• tepidlake
  • 2004 Isuzu Rodeo

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2004 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 60,000 miles

My '04 rodeo 4WD won't engage. When I turn the switch, nothing happens. No dash light, clicks, noises or anything. Also, the ABS light recently came on. Any ideas? Could the 4WD problem, and the ABS problem be related?

Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 1:55 PM

• racefan966

Ok first off check fuses for the 4x4 and then check the transfer controler under the center console make sure it is pluged in good and that no wires looked bad or anything. We may need to test the transfer actuator it self and or the front axle motor actuator. Let me know if you would like to go further with this you will need a test light and digital multi meter. It could be one of the front wheel sensors too as that would also explane why the ABS light is on. If you call around to your local parts stores and find one that does free scans and see if you can get code to see why the light is on we can look further into this if you like. Let me know thanks and Merry Christmas.

Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 8:16 PM