SLIPPING TRANSMISSION...

2002 Isuzu Axiom

pctech37

April, 3, 2008 AT 8:04 PM

2002 Isuzu Axiom 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

Hi,
I have a 2002 Isuzu Axiom and the transmission is slipping. It tends to be much worse when it's cold. When it warms up, it improves. There is no dipstick to check the fluid level. What's the deal with this? How do I check and fill the transmission fluid? Thanks in advance. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

ae6237

August, 12, 2008 AT 9:44 PM

The 2002 Axiom does not have a dipstick to check the transmission fluid. The holding tank is on the right side by the brake fluid. Check your levels & fill if needed there.

jmy2305

April, 6, 2009 AT 9:22 AM

Jim- Did you solve your transmission problem? We have a similar problem with our 2002 Axiom- with 85000mi. It takes a while to engage- when the engine is cold- and doesn't shift with complete confidence till a few minutes into the trip. We had a similar slipping problem about a year ago- and had the fluid flushed and replaced- and it seemed to resolve until now.

pctech37

September, 6, 2009 AT 4:20 PM

I've taken my Isuzu off the road after being quoted $2500 to replace the tranny with a rebuild. Now I'm looking to fix this problem by either replacing the tranny or repairing the problem. I'm hoping to not have to replace this tranny. Has anyone on here had slipping problems with their Axiom? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

tighe21

November, 27, 2012 AT 8:24 PM

I have a 2002 rear wheel drive Isuzu Axiom, and I am in Bergen County, NJ. Bought the car in Florida and am using here and now its getting cold. This year I feel slipping in First gear of the transmission. I thought that we all have a 10 year powertrain warranty. I bought mine 9 years ago, brand new. Do we still have a warranty and I remember that this is a french made transmission. I remember when I went to France in 1973 they were touchy, but I am one fourth french, Is that why this transmission is slipping?