TICKING SOUND WHEN ENGINE IS WARMING UP

Hyundai

SherJon

March, 6, 2007 AT 5:34 PM

Hyundai Elantra 2006/2.0 litre engine with 1000 miles. This is my first time owning a Hyundai, so it's difficult to determine whether the behaviour is normal for the car or is a problem.
When the car is started, and the engine is cold, it idles very smoothly, however, when put in gear, makes a chugging type of sound, which then changes into a light ticking sound as the engine warms up. This noise is very annoying to say the least. Is this normal for a new Elantra?

March, 7, 2007 AT 5:03 AM

Last oil changed?

SherJon

March, 7, 2007 AT 5:22 PM

The car is new. It only has 1000 miles. The oil pan is full

March, 8, 2007 AT 3:22 AM

500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-

SherJon

March, 8, 2007 AT 9:45 AM

500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-[/quote: b4c5ca30e4]

[/quote]
Thank you for your advice and opinion. When you say 'breaking point' does that mean a one time deal when the car is new or does you it mean every 500 miles. In the past, I have purchased Hondas and Toyotas and have been very happy. I bought this car because
1. It has a 100000 mile warranty
2. 5 year loan with no interest
[/quote]

March, 8, 2007 AT 3:24 PM

500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-[/quote: 280caf9c8a]

[/quote: 280caf9c8a]
1. It has a 100000 mile warranty
2. 5 year loan with no interest
[/quote][/quote]

500miles I will change it-Its a habit from me when I rebuild an engine and use that as a guide

March, 8, 2007 AT 3:29 PM

500miles is the breaking point -have you changed the oil and filter-Be honest I never approved of this korean made vehicle to include the Daewoo-[/quote: df8ac8e018]

[/quote: df8ac8e018]
1. It has a 100000 mile warranty
2. 5 year loan with no interest
[/quote][/quote]

My habit I change it every 500miles after a rebuild engine.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter