TROUBLESHOOTING CRUISE CONTROL

2007 Hummer H3

damadake

June, 20, 2010 AT 11:04 AM

2007 Hummer H3 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

The cruise control on my h3 is no longer working. No light comes on the dash when the speed is set and resume doesn't seem to do anything either. I checked the fuse according to the fuse diagram (number 35) and it looks good.

What should I check next?

Thanks!

factoryjack

June, 20, 2010 AT 1:32 PM

I would check for possible PCM faults that would be prohibiting cruise operation. Is there a check engine light on by chance? The cruise control on your vehicle is totally controlled by the PCM, and if there are faults(may or may not have a light) it can be prohibited from operation.

damadake

June, 21, 2010 AT 2:00 PM

There is no engine light. I don't know what a PCM fault is, I'm guessing it's the computer. If it is, can someone at Auto Zone hook up a reader to see if there is a code related to cruise? Thanks!

factoryjack

June, 22, 2010 AT 11:33 PM

The PCM is the powertrain control module. An autozone should be able to scan for codes. As I said, it may not be a cruise control related code for the system to inhibit cruise control. After codes are read, I would have them cleared. This may bring back cruise, at least until the fault repeats.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement