1991 Honda Prelude My Clutch Pedal

• 1 POST

1991 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 191000 miles

I own a 1991 Honda Prelude SI with a B21A engine. I was heading to work this morning and when I depressed on the clutch pedal it went straight to the floor. Like it fell down, and it wouldn't come back up unless I pulled on it for it to go back to the normal position. I checked the fluid and it was fine. So I wanted to see if it would at least start still. Well my car did start just like normal, so at least the clutch in engaging for it to start but it wont go into gears when it is running. I tryed to gravity bleed my clutch but can't seem to find where to do so, just in case if there is any air in my line that I can get out. So if you could please tell me what I can do to get my car back up and running so it doesn't sit there and so I can continue going to work or if my cable needs to be replaced. Cus honestly I have no idea right now on what to do.

Saturday, September 13th, 2008 AT 3:06 PM

Hi Prelude_Girl33,

Your clutch is a hydraulically operated and the bleeder is at the end of slave cylinder attached to the front of the trans.

If the fluid in the clutch master cylinder is full, then the master cylinder is faulty internally, you need to repair/replace it.

While at it, I would suggest repairing/replacing the slave cylinder as well.

Friday, October 3rd, 2008 AT 8:59 PM