93 STARTED BEING JUMPY ON TAKE OFF

1993 Honda Prelude

haveneverhart

March, 25, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

I have a 93 honda prelude h23 5 speed with 135,000 miles on it and I just got it about 3 months ago and it just recently started being jumpy on take off. When releasing the clutch pedal to take off in 1st it gets jumpy as it starts to take off. And sometimes when I hit 2nd it jumps a little. It doesnt seem to get jumpy beyond that but does seem harder to shift from gear to gear. Like when I go to downshift it seems like its hard for it to go into the gear. Please help

March, 25, 2012 AT 10:30 PM

Clutch could be slipping, check the throttle position sensor and fuel pressure if its within specs-

haveneverhart

March, 25, 2012 AT 10:51 PM

How should I check the throttle position sensor? I can easily find it but testing it I dont know.

March, 25, 2012 AT 10:52 PM

haveneverhart

March, 26, 2012 AT 6:29 PM

So thinking back I realized that it didnt do this at all until my clutch fluid got low. So im thinking it has a small leak somewhere and I believe its coming from the slave cylinder. The rubber boot on the slave cylinder was full of fluid. So if the slave cylinder was leaking or if there is air in the line would that make it jumpy?

March, 26, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

Try bleeding it and see what happens-could also be an engine performance problem

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement