Fuel Filter

AMERIRUM
  • 2003 HONDA ODYSSEY
Where the fuel Filter of 2003 Honda Odyssey is located. Car seems to be missing while driving. What could be the reason?
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 10:13 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi amerirum,

The fuel filter is located in the fuel tank together with the fuel pump.

Misfiring, hesistation are usually associated with spark plugs rather than fuel filter which would show symptoms of power loss.

Is the CEL showing?

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
+1
Thursday, July 31st, 2008 AT 11:06 AM
LEE PAINTING
I think I have the problem that you would have answered to this fella if he answered you.I think you can help me.

With my 2003 Honda Oddy, it is misfiring.I had it coded at Autozone and there was random misfiring of the plugs.

Can you tell me if I just need a coil or new plugs, has about 133,000 on it. Or can you instruct me on how to repair or replace the necessary parts.I have an OLDER knowledge of mechanics.

Thanks, Lee
+3
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 AT 4:19 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi Lee,

This sounds like you need to replace the spark plugs here is a guide to help you get the job done.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-change-spark-plugs

Please let us know what happens.
+3
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 6:59 AM
LEE PAINTING
Thanks for getting back to me so soon, your help is much appreciated.I know we can lick this problem. Now, where do I get the DTC for the CEL and the TCS.
Autozone stated: that the PCM has determined that multiple random misfires have occurred.

Lee
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 8:59 AM
KHLOW2008
What were the exact error codes retrieved at Autozone? P0300, P0301?

I am experiencing browsing problem from my ISP so might not be able to get the necessary data quickly.
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 11:57 AM
LEE PAINTING
Autozone Troubleshooting P0300.
The TCS lamp is now on.
Lee
+1
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 2:59 PM
KHLOW2008
Let us forget about the TCS problem first as misfiring can cause it to illuminate.

The following chart shows possible causes for P0300 and relevant items to check.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_P0300SymptomChart03Odyssey6cyl_1.jpg

+2
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 1:01 PM
LEE PAINTING
Do I have to take the car to a dealer to check the fuel pressure, is that the wisest thing to do?
Or can a good mechanic do it?
+2
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 4:46 PM
KHLOW2008
Of course the dealer would be the ideal choice. However most shops can do the job without any problem.
+2
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 6:27 AM
LEE PAINTING
I took the car to the dealer and they said that the coils and spark plugs need to be replaced at a cost of $1025.00 dollars.

So I got the plugs and tools and did the job myself using the guide you gave me and now the engine runs great. Nice work, saved me a bunch paid 3.80 each for the spark plugs. Thanks for you insight.

Lee
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 8:58 AM
KHLOW2008
Random misfire is something that is not easy to detect. If specific cylinder is misfiring, it would indicate a bad coil. If all or most of the cylinders are misfiring, it could be failing coil packs. They are still working but when under load, misfires occurs as the high voltage escapes through cracks or faults of the unit resulting in the misfiring.

Nice work on getting it fixed, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Cheers
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 5:55 PM