Fuel pump problem

GHOST001
  • 2005 HONDA ODYSSEY
Honda 2005 odyssey: what would keep the fuel pump from send fuel? When I turn the key I can here the pump start for about 2 seconds them shut down. Normal I think but it's should shut down when it gets up to proper presure. But that is not the case I pulled the tank of and removed the hose on the pump to see no fuel was coming out. What sensors should I check for? Also might not have any thing to do with this but the "D" Light is blinking "warning indicator for the tranny".
Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 11:23 PM

Power the fuel pump direct from the battery and see what happens
+1
Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 11:38 PM
HONDA TECH 1818
The fuel pump will stop after 2 seconds when the ignition is switch to 2nd position. The fuel pump runs when the engine is started.
The D light blinking because their is a problem with the trans. Most likely is a 3rd or 4th pressure switch problem. Scan for trans codes.
Friday, December 3rd, 2010 AT 7:50 AM
GHOST001
Thx for the info this is what i'm working on.I got the pump to work after the engine started the D blinking light I hope it's low oil because the system we drained.
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 2:43 AM