CLUTCH SLIPPING

Honda CRV

jvitale3

August, 2, 2007 AT 11:39 AM

I have a 1998 Honda CRV, all wheel drive, stick shift, 4 cylinder, with 120,000 miles on it. I recently had the timing belt changed and the brakes repaired. When I press in the clutch, it now feels 'soft' and I have to push it all the way down to the floor before it seems to engage. It will also stick half way up sometimes when I take my foot off.
Approximately how much would it cost to fix the problem, and is this a worthwhile amount of money to invest in a car this old, given that I just spent $1500.00 for the timing belt.
Thank you.

Bruce Hunt

August, 2, 2007 AT 11:53 AM

Sounds as though you are seeing the failure of the clutch system. This could just be the master cylinder on the clutch. So, considering the amount you have recently spent on the vehicle, it appears to be worth it to get this fixed. Just part of normal wear and tear on the car.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement