1. Ok I meant to say it cuts out or skips throughtout driving range. The car has only not cranked once and that was when the coil went bad, but the car was skipping the whole week before it went out.
2. When I say it skips and cut out I mean it is misfiring
3. Yes the chech engine light is on, the codes are misfire on 1, 2, 3 and a code that I think said waiting for ciruit lamp.
4. The only repair done prior to this was the new dist. Cap, button, fule filter, plugs and wires, this is because it was misfiring, then a few thousand miles later it was misfiring again, and thats when I replaced the plugs and wires again and coil, it worked for maybe 2000 miles now is misfiring bad.
5. The problem started about 8000 miles ago, as I stated above it started misfiing, so I changed parts, worked then misfired again so replaced the puls and wires again, coil wentout replaced it, 2000 miles later it's doing it again.
6. I am wondering if it might be the module inside the distribtor, I hope it's not the ecu but it shouldn't be. I think the ohns on the module where a little low but I would have to find my readings again.
Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 2:10 PM