1994 Honda Civic no spark need help tried everything

TYWI219
  • 1994 HONDA CIVIC
Just bought the car drove it home set the alarm off and I dont have anything to disengage it so we disconnected it and it started up once I turned the car around turned it off and have not had spark since I even swaped motors cuz old one had blown head gasket so im pretty sure that it is not the distributor cuz neither motor had spark and I have replaced almost every part in the distributer im stumpt
Monday, April 6th, 2009 AT 1:59 PM

F4I_GUY
Have you tried replacing the whole distributor?

Are you getting an injector pulse? Have you checked all your fuses?

Does your alarm have an ignition cut-off?

Please answer all these questions.
Monday, April 6th, 2009 AT 6:39 PM
TYWI219
I have not tried with a new distributor but I have two diff ones and I wouldn see how both would be bad and I have exchanged alot of the parts inside like (icm, coil, cap and rotor)

i dont know how to check the injector pulse

checked all of the fuses over and over again

yes it does but we disconnected it completly from the car dont know how it would still effect it

i looked on another website and it was showing how to get codes for the car so it will tell me exactly what is wrong but I tried it and I dont know how to do that either
Wednesday, April 8th, 2009 AT 12:06 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi tywi219,

At the distributor coupler, are you getting voltage to the Black/Yellow wire with ignition ON?

Does the Check Engine Light goes off after 2 seconds when ignition is turned to ON?

Since engine has just been replaced, is the ground wire at the thermostat housing securely tightened?
Wednesday, April 8th, 2009 AT 1:52 PM
NECAXISTA
It has just happened a few days ago that suddenly I had no fuel pressure, fuel pump not working and I even changed but it still didn't work, they I realized I had no spark, a big relay (main relay, fuel relay, spark relay. Well, I don't recall what it is called) is found near the engine compartment release door, sometimes some of its solder points get separated or so, anyways that could be a pointer. Try reapplying soldering or something. It may just work, before spending big bucks on anything else. Good for me that my fuel pump just cost me some $45 in Tijuana, but anyways, that's just me
Friday, May 1st, 2009 AT 11:37 PM