1994 HONDA CIVIC NO SPARK

• ghamm
  • 1994 Honda Civic

1994 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

is there a way to test the module p/up crank sensor in the distributor. I have no spark and ive checked the fuses, I have a strong pulsating on injectors noid light, I have power to the black and yellow wire going into the dist. With the dist. Out I have 0.2 ohms with 4 wires going to the module. I tried three different module and I still have no spark. The only thing I can think is maybe the p/ups are bad or the crk. Sensor in the dist?

Sunday, December 7th, 2008 AT 9:12 AM

• F4I_guy

What you should test first would be the ignition coil. here are the testing procedures.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/276698_coil_test_3.jpg

Sunday, December 7th, 2008 AT 4:33 PM
  • ghamm

Coil testing what is a pointing at un clear pic sorry

Sunday, December 7th, 2008 AT 6:58 PM
  • F4I_guy

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/276698_exploded_view_coil_1.jpg

"A" is the positive side of the ignition coil. When you look at the coil you will see two wires going to it. The 'A' terminal is the lower stepped lead.

Sunday, December 7th, 2008 AT 7:24 PM
  • ghamm

Thanx 4 the pic I checked the ohms and I get nothing I guess i'll b buying a new coil thanx again

Sunday, December 7th, 2008 AT 10:02 PM
  • ghamm

I did check the resistants and it did check out I must not have had a good connection the first time so I guess my coil is good. Where do I go from here?

Sunday, December 7th, 2008 AT 10:05 PM
  • F4I_guy

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/276698_igniter_2.jpg

I would follow up with an ICM(igniter) test. I know you said you swapped icm's but you may have an open wire somewhere and this diag. procedure will ensure the circuit is functioning.

If the coil and ICM are fine, I will then post up a wiring schematic for the distributor where you can check all the proper signals, powers and grounds. And if that is all there then it's most likely a non-serviceable sensor inside the distributor which means you will have to replace the distributor.

But test the ignitor first. Make sure all connections are tight, check fuses, make sure the cap and rotor are in good shape and the wires are properly connected. Then re-check spark. Make sure when you check spark you GROUND the spark plug or whatever you are using to test spark with.

Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 8:58 PM
  • ghamm

Thanks 4 the help I have a bad p/up inside dist. I ordered a new dist. Off e-bay thanks again

Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 AT 4:43 AM