WATER IN ENGINE

Honda Accord

NoclueMO

May, 17, 2006 AT 8:54 AM

I have 2003 Honda Accord LX sedan; approx. 48570mi.
I believe I gotten some water in engine but not sure how. I had an aftermarket intake @ the time and it was raining real bad & lots of water on the road. I checked oil and it has a milky look to it; engine makes a funny noise not sure how to explain it; How bad could it be? Car still starts up fine, just noise and warning light came on, manual says it emissions system, What to do? Any tips or suggestions?

I was thinking to flush the engine and just put new oil in it; but is there a special product I need to buy in order to perform this?

losone

May, 17, 2006 AT 12:01 PM

Very bad news--- don't run the engine until you have solved the problem. IT WILL RUIN IT!

Pull all the plugs when the engine is warm. Turn the engine over and see if water squirts out of the holes and also which plug is very clean.

NoclueMO

May, 17, 2006 AT 12:40 PM

So would doing the FLUSH fix prob? Or as u stated after I do that wat should I do next? If water is in there how I get it out?

losone

May, 17, 2006 AT 1:13 PM

A flush won't fix the problem YOU HAVE to find the source of the water. Was the engine covered with water?

That is the only way water can get in without some internal component such as a cracked head or blown had gasket causing the problem. Drain the oil and change the filter.

Flushing is a tricky thing to do without damaging the engine. Read the instructions very carefully on the cans of flush and follow them

FIND THE SOURCE OF THE LEAK FIRST!

NoclueMO

May, 17, 2006 AT 1:17 PM

No engine wasn't completely covered in water. I believe water was sucked up threw the intake I had on there 4 it sat pretty low to ground. Would dat change anything?

losone

May, 17, 2006 AT 3:08 PM

If that is what you think then flush the engine and watch the low spots.

NoclueMO

May, 17, 2006 AT 3:11 PM

Thanks for the Advice! I'll try it.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element