Water on Drives side floor

PATEL703
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD
The driver side floor is wet. I dont know where it comes from but it isolated to an area that is away from the pedals and basically in the portion of the floor directly in front of the seat. If I leave the mat on the water collects on the bottom of the mat and fogs up the car. The leak must be minor because its not that wet but more moist and damp.
Wednesday, January 20th, 2010 AT 9:54 PM

HONDA TECH 1818
The leak could be coming from the moon roof drain hose, remove the driver's side kick panel (Plastic cover by your left foot, under dash) to inspect the drain hose and the drain valve connection. The drain hose should be connected to the drain valve.

Attached below is a drawing of where the drain goes
+1
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 AT 1:03 AM
MRSYOSHU
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
I noticed that the floor was wet on the front driver's side. It was raining heavy the other day and when I got in the car I could see water on the foot rest on the left side. I could also see water dripping down by the clutch pedal. I have cleared the debris from the outside of the car at the bottom of the windshield. I think there are drainage holes (from what I have read) that need to be unclogged. What do they look like and how do I unclog them? Thanks!
Sunday, November 25th, 2018 AT 12:03 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi mrsyoshu,

There are no drainage holes above the clutch pedal. You have a leak and it is most likely to be from the front windshield.
BOBO2812
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORDHONDA ACCORD
2001 Honda Accord Coupe, 190,000 miles, 4 cylinder, manual 5 speed. We had a massive flash flood last night. My car sat in ankle high water to knee high water within minutes. Water came into the car but it was never fully submerged. It starts fine, idles fine and drives fine until you get to 3 RPM's. Even if you rev the engine, it will not go past 3 RPM's. It backfired on me a few times last night and in 1st and 2nd gear the car will start "shaking" when you get past 2 RPM's. Do you think a spark plug shorted or maybe something more serious? It drives like normal until you get to 3 RPM's. By the way, I just had all my belts changed along with all the other recommended parts replaced.
JACK42
Did the water level reach the PCM or fuse box or other electronics?How high in the engine compartment did it get? Check for water in th espark plug wells and in the dist cap if equipped
II008877
We had a similar Accord with similar problems - four cylinder I expect? Ours was with lower miles though. I think you should be getting a check engine light. It will read PCM Voltage High / Out of Range. That usually causes RPM to top at 3K in this car. Take out the ECU open it up and check it out for water intrusion. It most likely got water in it since it sits so low (in front center console next to accerator pedal). The SRS computer sits just one level above it you may have to get it replaced as well if light comes on. After changing ECU you will have to get reprogramming done for your key and if SRS you will have to get light reset. If change any computers get them from your local junk yard or the expnse will go very high. Either way I would change spark plugs since there are only four and change engine oil to ensure no water inside.

If there is water in engine: Then do multiple oil changes without sprakplug in engine (only cranking by starter). Also drip like one or two tablespoons of oil into cylinder while cranking without sparkplugs.

Let me know what happens. Thanks.