QUOT;92" HYDRAULIC CLUTCH PROBLEMS

• ahondanut
  • 1992 Honda Accord

Hello I'm having problems with the hydraulic clutch on my 1992 accord ex. 2.2 ltr. 5 speed manual (duh)
I was loosing pedal and checked the reservoir I found it dry when I bled the system with fresh fluid I discovered a leak on the slave cylinder push rod boot. I repaced the cylinder with a remanufactured one. That's where the problem I'm having started, I cant't seem to bleed the system or even to get it to build pressure of any kind. There is fluid getting to the slave weakly but the pedal constantly bottoms out and stays in the depressed position. I tried pumping the pedal by hand, no help. I pulled fluid through the line with a vacume pump full stream, no help. I got my Son to press the pedal and attempted to bleed again, but all I get a dribble or very weak stream at best. I, m wondering if the slave cylinder I bought is defective? It's hard for me to believe the master cylinder is bad considering it was working fine with the leaking slave (pressure wise). Do you have any advice for this situation?

Thanks in Advance

Sunday, October 14th, 2007 AT 3:52 PM

• Bruce Hunt

If the line does not give good pressure from the master, it is either a master problem, bleeding issue at the master, or an obstruction in the line.

Monday, October 15th, 2007 AT 6:42 PM
  • ahondanut

Thanks for your reply Bruce:
is there a way to test the Master clutch cylinder? Can I blow the line out with compressed air?

Monday, October 15th, 2007 AT 7:00 PM
  • Bruce Hunt

Unhook the line from the master and blow it out. While the master is not hooked up you can attach a hose and as you watch the master pump you point the hose back in to the reservoir. It should put out a good stream of fluid with no air in the output. If that works fine, connect the hose and let it fill the line and see if the flow is consistent with the master. If you have much difference, replace the line.

Monday, October 15th, 2007 AT 9:26 PM