2006 Honda Accord Maintenance

ROBINSAN
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD
I was told that I need brake fluid and coolant installed by the Service REp as I was making an appt to bring the car in for an oil change. He says that it was a note on my last service which was in 11/08 at that time I had a complete front brake job which cost me approximately 700.00. I bought the Used car in 2007. This service will cost me 98.00 each. I have had my car serviced regular there since it was purchased. No one ever told me that brake pads were worn until they were completely gone and caused another problem. I am upset at these surprised services. I have owned 3 Honda Accords in the past. Bought 2 that were new. Currently the 3rd is the first used car I have ever owned. I feel like I am being taken advantage of as a femalle. My question is. Are these services neccessary? I have never had to add coolant to my past cars. Is there a leak in the radiator?
Thursday, April 9th, 2009 AT 8:35 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

They may be referring to the periodical flushing of the brake fluid and the coolant, this is a standard service item the brake fluid should be flushed and re newed as it is hygroscopic, that is it attracts moisture and this moisture in the fluid can case brake fade and if left it can also start to case rust, the coolant also brakes down over a period of time and should also be flushed and re newed, this is not mandatory but it is advisable to have it done.

Thursday, April 9th, 2009 AT 8:42 AM

Sponsored links