DEFECTIVE HEATER SYSTEM

2004 Honda Accord

rlewis14

November, 24, 2009 AT 1:09 AM

Heater problem
2004 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 55,105 miles

The wife's 2004 honda accord coupe's heater system operates intermittently. The heater will not put out heat on a consistent basis. The temperature gauge is indcating the engine is properly warmed and the blower motor is functioning, however the car feels as though the AC is on. Took the car to the dealer last winter and they replaced the climate control unit. The heater system appeared to work for a short period, but the problem returned. Took it back to the dealer and their remedy was to replace the blower motor. The blower motor works fine, so we passed on their suggestion. On a few occasions, we have had the heater to work, but not nearly consistent enough to trust it. Winter is here and I am not sure how to remedy the problem. Have anyone experienced this same problem and if so, were you able to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Ron in Bowie, Maryland

November, 27, 2009 AT 4:05 AM

Hi Ron,

Possibly the air mix motor is not functioning correctly. Check them for binding and intermittent failure.

4beers4me

December, 6, 2009 AT 3:17 PM

I am having the same problem on an '04 Accord. Did you ever find anything on yours? My blower motor and heater control valve are good. I can see the air mix motor and arms moving as I change the temp (above the gas pedal). The motor that changes where the air blows out works (passenger side above where the passenger's left foot would be). It looks like it would be a huge ordeal to remove the box to check that something inside is moving.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro