1997 Honda Accord Gauges don`t work and transmission won`t

RAY RODRIGUEZ
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD
My 1997 Honda Accord has 234,000 miles.I have 2 problems with it.
First: None of the gauges work, the power windows don`t work and the transmission will not unlock from park and shift when I start it. The transmission will shift if the engine is turned off and I put the key on the console key hole and push down on it with the car key and I hold it down, then I can shift the transmission to neutral and the start the car and it will run o.K.

Second:The engine will act as if it is running out of gas every now and then. It will idle fine, but sometimes it will do this. If I press on the gas pedal the engine will slow down more. If I pump the pedal it will eventually run smooth again. It doesn`t do this all the time, just every now and then. Can you tell me what is causing this problems.

Thanks,

Ray
Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 1:00 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi Ray,

The gauges not functioning should be due to a blown fuse.
The trans interlock system is not functioning locking the gearshift in park.
Check if the brake lights are working. If not, check the brake fuse and brake switch on top of brake pedal.

The bogging down could be due to a faulty O2 senaor. It might not show up on the CHECK engine light but a diagnostic data reading would show.
-1
Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 1:57 PM