1993 Honda Accord Problem with my 93 Accord A/C and electri

ROMEOOG
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD
Hi,

I have an 93 Accord, Before I fix the A/C it was running fine, then one day I had an extra can of a/c refill which I put it in. Next day my wife call said that the a/c been running for long and its not cold anymore when I got home I left it next day the battery is dead.

After that I hear the compress making noise I thought it might need oil so put in a can still doing the same thing so I bought a used compressor and put in new cans and everything and its not cold the clutch is running but hot air coming out.

Also now if I leave the a/c run max and running for a while it drain the battery down and the car just shuts off.

The battery even drains when just leave the headlights on and the car idles it will drain and it shuts off.

Where can I start?
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 10:39 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi RomeoOG,

You overfilled the freon which started it all.

If the battery is being drained, you need to check for parasitic drain or a bad charging system.

Check if any of the lights are remaning on, brake lights etc.

Get the charging rate tested.
Tuesday, August 10th, 2010 AT 10:24 AM
ROMEOOG
Ok so, how do I take out what I overfill? Because the new one is doing the same thing also. I gues I should of ask on here before I bought a new compress, but lession learned.
Tuesday, August 10th, 2010 AT 1:19 PM
KHLOW2008
Put a pressure gauge on the low and high side. Note the pressure without starting the engine. It should be about 90 psi at both ends. Some difference might be there if the A/C had been stopped only for a short while.

With engine ans A/C running, note the low and high pressure. Low shouldbe around 30 psi, high around 200 psi. If both are higher than specified, there is excessive freon in the system.

You should get proper equip equipment to discharge the excessive freon.

After replacement of the compressor if you did not vacumn the system, then you need to recover all the freon, vacumn the system and refill with the correct amount.
Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 9:17 AM
ROMEOOG
Ok, yesterday I let out some refrigerant and the compress was running it was getting cold on the passenger side then, I play around with the buttons and it finally got cold on everything. Then I went inside the house and let it run for a while.

I came out and it stop being cold I notice that the compress is coming on and off.

So I thought there's a leak, might need some oil or something so I got some oil put it in it does the same thing.

Today I got the professional gauge has the blue, red and yellow wire, and 2 gauges. Hook everything up and I saw it went up to 110 PSI, So I open both red and blue side and let all the air out. I did that couple of times

Then went and got some new refrigerant 2 cans pump it in and it still doing the same thing turn on and off. Thought its not enough and got 1 more can and still doing the same thing LOL

Now i'm back to square one. Did I screw up the compress?
Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 10:48 PM
KHLOW2008
You screwed up the whole process and do not know what you are doing by discharging the gas to the atmosphere.

You did not vacumn the system and when problem occurred you did not check the pressure. Nor did you try to find out what is wring.

I am not going to help you do more harm to the earth.

You are on your own now.
+1
Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 7:06 AM
ROMEOOG
Thanks for all your help so far. I can take it from here. I order a vacuum pump its on its way when I get it I can start all over.
Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 8:47 AM