Headlight and front right blinker not working

NOAH VENUS
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I just got the truck and when I got it the right front blinker was not working (it will turn on but not blink) and my right low beam was not working. I got the truck home and replaced the bulbs and when I replaced the blinker it still did not work. When I replaced the bulb on the right side low beam my left side low beam stopped working. All other lights work even high beams and all other blinkers work as should. I am getting power everywhere but the sockets for these bulbs appear to maybe be grounding out but I cannot find where. The bulbs in these sockets are new and work when I put them on a different socket. Any input is appreciated.
Friday, June 1st, 2018 AT 10:36 AM

KEN
Hello.

It sounds like you have a wiring problem or the BCM is bad and needs to be replaced but to be sure lets check all fuses for the truck none can be out.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Next you need to check the wiring for the system. here is a guide and the wiring diagrams along with the BCM and fuse locations:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens. If it is the BCM you may need to have it programmed if you cannot find a used one.

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, June 2nd, 2018 AT 2:02 PM
NOAH VENUS
I checked all the fuses related to my lighting system and they were good. Should I check all of them even if unrelated to lighting? I hooked the scanner to my truck today at work and it threw a code on the BCM but it was not anything to do with lighting and I cleared the code to see if it returns.
Saturday, June 2nd, 2018 AT 3:17 PM
KEN
Yes, check all fuses. Also, check the wiring continuity and if everything checks out I would replace the BCM.
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 AT 11:23 AM

Sponsored links