1999 GMC Yukon Brake lights

JBENCO83
  • 1999 GMC YUKON

Brakes problem
1999 GMC Yukon V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I have no brakes lights at all, my lights work but when I step on the brakes I get nothing. I changed the switch on the pedal and checked the fuses what else good be the problem?

Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 8:53 PM

MIKE SMITH2

There is no relay under the hood

Thursday, July 28th, 2016 AT 6:48 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Hey Guys,

It could be the turn signal switch, but before you go testing the wiring and connections, try cycling the emergency flashers. What happens is the switch connection get corroded and stop working, when you move the switch it cleans the contacts.

If that doesn't work here are some wiring diagrams and guide to help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/brake-lights-not-working

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 10:25 AM
HOWARDB342
  • 2003 GMC YUKON
  • MERGED

2003 GMC Yukon V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

check both fuses under the dash and under the hood both good but still replaced the bulbs are good but still replaced, replaced the brake light switch and still no brake lights,

the tail lights, back up lights and directionals still work,
also no cruise control and thata fuse is good.

Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 10:29 AM
  • MERGED

Welcome to the forum. Any applicable fuses, did you use a testlite? Usually the fuse has a bare spot over each leg, if there is voltage at each bare spot, the fuse is good and there is voltage.

Does the high-mount brake lite work? Also, check feed circuit to and from the brake switch. For the brake lite, feed circuit to the switch is orange wire, hot all the time. Feed from the switch for brake lites is white wire, goes hot when the switch is activated.

-1
AEQUITAS14
  • 1999 GMC YUKON
  • MERGED

My brake lights went out on my truck. I checked the boards, bulbs, fuses, and replaced the brake light switch, and still no working brake lights. The running lights, hazards, and turn signals works.
My father ran a continuity test, and could not get power to the fuse box in the cab. I looked under the hood, and there is no stop lamp relay.
Is this a ground issue? If so, where is the ground located?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

• MERGED

The ground will be located on the lh side at rear of frame. Check to make sure all the pugs are connected at back of frame on lh side as well. If th eturn signals work then it may be the multifunction switch or maybe the trailer connector. Check the dark green and yellow wires from multi function switch while applying brake.

+1
JCHANDLER123
  • 2004 GMC YUKON
  • MERGED

My brake lights dim when headlights are onin 2004 yukon xl. When brakes are pressed blinker flashes fast and they take the place of the brake lights when headlights are on. If brake isn't pressed blinkers work fine. Brake lights are dim when headlights are off. Checked all bulbs and fuses and in Feb. This year had rear circuit board and turn signal switch replaced for this problem but still had this happen when it rained outside. I was told may be a bad ground but I don't know where to check this at.

Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 10:30 AM
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

It should be caused by a bad grounding circuit. Check the grounding points near the taillights.

CADIEMAN
  • MERGED

Check that both filements in the bulb are good and not crossed.

RASCALS49
  • 2000 GMC YUKON
  • MERGED

The blinker, flasher and brake light don't work on passenger side. Only tail light will light up. The drivers side is fine. I have tried new bulbs and fuses seem to be fine. I have tried new bulbs and fuses but passenger side flasher, brake lite and blinker dont work only tail lite will illuminate.