HELP WITH MY TRUCK PLEASE

GMC Sonoma

dmprag01

October, 6, 2007 AT 8:36 PM

I have a 1998 gmc sonoma 2.2L today I was driving it and I heard a knocking then I started loosing power and the car just died when I got it off to the side of the road white smoke was pouring out of the tail pipe and the temp was about 240 and kinda smelled like burning plastic any ideas on what is wrong with my truck? It is also a manual transmission. For any one who will try to help me out. Thank you

nagyiii

October, 20, 2007 AT 1:34 AM

Sound like you may have blown the head gasket, and possibly the engine. I am by no means an expert. But in my younger days, I had a mercury lynx that started puring white smoke out the exhaust, then she overheated and seized up right there.

justgotmeajetta

Yes, your right right it would either be a blown head gasket or a cracked head. I hope you did not run it hot to long. The reason the white smoke comes from your tail pipe is that water is getting into your oil. Take it to a shop, one you trust and tell them to check and see if it would be a cracked head or just a blown head gasket.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla