HARD STARTING, CRANKS OK

GMC Safari

alternator1

June, 17, 2007 AT 7:51 PM

Hello I have a 1999 GMC AWD Safari with 124000 miles. I have no codes, hard or soft. After car sits overnight I have to crank it repeatedly before it will finally start. Once it has started, it continues to run and will start normally, until it sits again. I have checked the fuel pressure it is fine maintains about 55 lbs and holds pressure after shutting off engine. If I pour just a very little amount of gas into the intake the vehicle will start and run. It seems now to be missing or backfiring when I get it started now and then tromp on the accelerator. The tail pipe looks to be running pretty lean. I am at my wits end, after searching exaustivley on the internet. I unplugged the throttle positioning sensor and didn't seem to make a difference. Hope someone can help. Thank you, John

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

cesar lomeli

First try checking your spark plug gaps on all cyls. If you have havent changed your plugs. If you havent I recommend you do it that way you know you have clean and correctly gaped plugs

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test