1997 GMC JIMMY STARTING ISSUE

• toxictuner
  • 1997 GMC Jimmy

1997 GMC Jimmy
4.3 L
170,000 miles

When I turn the key, the starter cranks the motor just fine. With the ignition on, I have no lights/buzzers etc on the instrument panel. If I wait a few minutes with the key on, the dash will light with all the bells and whistles and the truck will start right up. I am getting power to the starter immediately but it seems as though the power to the rest of the vehicle (electronics etc) is intermittent. At times, it will work fine, other times it won't. Is this an ignition problem and if so, where do I start?

Thursday, March 1st, 2007 AT 11:34 AM

• CHEVYII

Do you have a test light?

Jim

Thursday, March 1st, 2007 AT 3:07 PM
  • toxictuner

I do have a test light. Where do I begin?

Thursday, March 1st, 2007 AT 3:47 PM
  • CHEVYII

I would have to say at the column, pull the column covers unless you can see the bulk connector, there is a light blue wire from the ign switch it goes through a diode module above the steering column, from the diode module the wire changes color to a tan and white and goes directly into the cluster pin # 17 on the cluster, if you need the diagram I would be happy to fax it to you, dont put your fax #here send it in a pm

jim

if you are happy with the info please leave feedback we all here do this for free feedback is a way of saying thank you for the help

Thursday, March 1st, 2007 AT 4:06 PM