1994 GMC JIMMY IGNITION / FUEL PUMP PROBLEMS

• Christoph80254
  • 1994 GMC JIMMY

1994 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

I have a GMC jimmy 1994 with 126000 miles. It left me stranded the other day. I replaced the fuel pump and filter and sending unit today. It still will not start. If I put gas in the intake it runs fine till it burns it off. I checked the bleed off valve right behing the manifold and its getting gas all the way to the intakes. Im at a loss on what to do to get my truck running any advice would be greatful! Thanks for your time.
chris in louisiana

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 7:06 PM

• Rasmataz

The computer energizes the fuel pump relay -the relay wii de-energize in 2secs if this doesn't happen the fuel system will not prime up-

When the engine fires up the fuel pump and oil pressure sending unit powers the pump from then on. see below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_39.gif

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 7:32 PM
  • Christoph80254

Thanks for the quick reply. But I really dont know what all that means. Can you tell me what to check or what you think I need to replace.

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 8:12 PM
  • Rasmataz

Okay I understand get the fuel pressure check and comeback with the readings and also get checked for injection pulses-meaning the injector/s are opening and closing to give fuel

Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 5:06 PM