FUEL PUMP CONTINUALLY RUNS

GMC C1500

umpaska

May, 24, 2006 AT 11:19 PM

I have a 1998 Chevrolet K-1500 5.7 Vortec with 144,000 miles. When I purchased the truck a year ago I noticed that the fuel pump ran continuously after starting, a friend told me the fuel pump was going out and another told me it was normal. I replaced the fuel pump with an aftermarket pump, as well as the filter. The after market pump was louder and also ran continuously, now the pump has gone out, after only 24,000 miles. Is this mormal or do I have a problem else where?

bigworm

June, 24, 2006 AT 1:34 AM

The pump should run anytime the truck is running. Fuel injected cars are like this. It sounds like you got a bad pump if it only lasted 24000 miles. Make sure to buy an ac delco pump next time and you should have no problems.

lorddoug1

November, 27, 2008 AT 2:01 PM

You still didn't answer the question. Why is there a noise coming from the fuel pump, when fuel pumps are suppose to be quiet.
I have a 1999 c1500 suburban and the fuel pump is loud. So I have the same problem and I can't find anyone to tell me why this is happenibg

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe