I THOUGHT THAT MY FUEL PUMP WENT OUT BUT AFTER ...

2002 GMC C1500

Anonymous

November, 11, 2012 AT 8:54 PM

I thought that my fuel pump went out but after removing the bed I discovered that I do not have power at the plug fior the fuel pump. I checked all connections and they are fine. I only have power on one leg of the relay. The relay has been changed so it should be good, fuses are good. So what do I check to figure out why I have no power across the relay and at the plug for the pump?

November, 11, 2012 AT 9:08 PM

At the intial prime, key on, no crank, can you hear the pump run for a few seconds? The fuel pump relay has two separate voltage sources. One voltage source for the load side of relay, terminal 30 hot all the time. The other voltage source is for the coil side of relay, green wire with white tracer, voltage comes from pcm. During initial prime only hot for a few seconds. Engine cranking should be all the time if rpm signal is present. Could be issue with wiring circuit--wiring connector or other. Any applicable trouble codes?

I looked at gmc sierra 1500 4.3L

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe