Fuse box location and identification?

JUAN RESENDEZ
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • 543,876,543 MILES
Fuse # 14 is good. I push it in the fuse box where it belongs, but there is no function. I cannot see the back of the fuse box to see what is going on.
Thursday, August 18th, 2016 AT 10:02 PM

JUAN RESENDEZ
Fuse # 14 is pnl lps. (Lps) might be wrong one letter.
+1
Sunday, August 26th, 2018 AT 1:31 PM
There is no fuse 14 listed here is a picture of what fuse is which.
-1
Sunday, August 26th, 2018 AT 1:31 PM
TYOUNG1602
  • 1993 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I had a stock fusable link burn up on me. It is on the second from left post in my junction block. Does anyone have a diagram for 5.7 junction block. It's is not the ctsy fuse or the alternator. When I replace the fusable link it started and then the next time nothing. Some cargo light and running lights are still working. I am thinking it may be the ignition but would really like to see a diagram or hear from someone before I go about taking it out of the column
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 AT 10:07 AM (Merged)
The one i'm sending is fo rthe power dist system which could effect starting see if it's getting power and if not see why it is blowing by checking for a draw. It should be the same size as listed otherwise it may be to small also check your ignition switch it could also be just aplain old bad starter.
KEN PACE
  • 1992 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Is there anything to interupt power supply to heat/air control on 92 chevy 1500 other than the 25 amp fuse in the fuse panel? I have replaced the 25 amp fuse and tried 3 used control modules but none of those show that they are recieving power. None of the control units will even light up much less run the blower.
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 AT 10:09 AM (Merged)
MERLIN2021
Ignition switch and fan speed switch. Blower resistor and relay. Here is the fuse panel in the diagrams below.
WRENCHER1
There is also a power lead that runs off the battery junction block in the engine compartment. I believe it is fusible wire that could have melted. If that is the case, be sure to only use fuse wire to replace it.
RETROROCKET
  • 1992 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My headlights work, but my taillights do not and neither do my dash lights, but all of my other electrical systems are just fine including brake lights, backup lights, turn signals, interior lights, radio, power windows and locks and heater/ac. We have checked all of the fuses in the box under the steering wheel and they are all fine. Is there another location under the hood of fuses that we can check or do you have any ideas of why I am having this problem? It just started all of a sudden today.
KEN
Hey Retrorocket,

It sounds like you have a headlight switch that is out, but here is a wiring diagram and the fuse panel diagram to help with the testing, there is no other fuse panel besides the one under the dash.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
+7
MELENDEZ757
  • 1992 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I need to know how to check if fusible links are bad
There's different kinds, all called "fuse links" or "fusible links". Plug-in cartridge types have a clear plastic window. A blown one will look different than the others and will often be black. If you can't tell by looking at them, you can unplug or unbolt them and test them with an ohm meter.

Fuse link wires look like regular wires but they will be a short spliced-in length that is a different color and smaller diameter than the circuit it protects. Test those by tugging on them. If they're okay, they'll act like a piece of wire. If they're burned open, they'll act like a rubber band.

Voltage reading in dead circuits can be misleading with open wire-type fuse links because the carbon trail left behind inside the insulation can easily conduct enough current for a digital voltmeter to pick it up as a "good" circuit. A test light will give more accurate test results because those carbon tracks can't pass enough current to light the test light.
+9
DENGATE97
  • 1992 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a no start issue, truck cracks fine, has spark, but the fuel injectors are not getting power, I have been having an issue figuring it out and the location of fuses and relays.
ASEMASTER6371
Good afternoon,

I attached the diagram of the fuse box for you to view. The injectors are fed by a fuse. The other side goes to the ECM for toggling.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

You need a test light or voltmeter to check for voltage at the fuses panels.

Let me know when you are ready for testing.

2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1992 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Where is the A/C Heater fuse located?
ASEMASTER6371
Here are the fuse panel diagrams for both C and K trucks along with a guide to help you test the fuses. The fuse panel is under the dash on the drivers side

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Roy
-1
ISAAC CADENAS
  • 1990 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have the truck listed above half ton. One morning when I went to go start my truck I turn my key the starter engaged engine started then all the sudden it shuts off and smoke was coming out of underneath my hood. When I want to go check it out the power distribution block wires were shorting out and one of the red inline fuse from the power block caught on fire ! The power wire that got caught on fire is the one that runs to my convenience block it's a thick red wire. My question is, that the wire that goes to my ignition switch? I ended up cutting that red wire from the power junction block and I check continuity from the wire. I cut to a ground and it showed that there was continuity when it's supposed to be a power source from the junction block. Does that mean I have a short to the frame before it gets to the ignition switch? I really don't have any idea.
ASEMASTER6371
Good morning,

Can you post a picture of the damage for me to view?

I attached a wiring diagram of the ignition switch as well as the fuse block.

ISAAC CADENAS
This red wire on power block was the one that actually literally caught on fire! Luckily I put it out before it got out of control. There was a inline fuse that I cut out that red wire. Now I put a continuity tester probe on that red wire that was shorting out that I had cut out from the power junction block (the red wire in this picture that runs to the steering column) and the other end of the probe to a ground on the firewall and the probe showed there was continuity from the ground to the that red wire. Now my question, is there supposed to be continuity or does that mean that there is a short along that wire to ground somewhere? I hope I make sense to you.
ASEMASTER6371
That wire is shorted to ground. You need to trace the route of that wire.

ISAAC CADENAS
What are these symbols on diagram?

Sponsored links