1987 Ford Windstar FULE FILTER LOCATION

JBRZOZA
  • 1987 FORD WINDSTAR
NEED THE LOCATION OF A FUEL FILTER SO I CAN CHANGE IT
Monday, October 4th, 2010 AT 3:44 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_windstar_1.jpg

REMOVAL

Shut engine OFF. Depressurize fuel system, refer to Service and Repair / Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure .
Raise vehicle on hoist.
Remove fuel tube clip from stainless steel connector at forward (outlet) end of fuel filter. Remove steel push-connect fitting with fuel line disconnect tool.
Remove plastic push-connect fitting at rear (inlet) end of fuel filter.
Remove fuel filter from fuel filter bracket by either (a) pulling fuel filter toward the center of the vehicle, or (b) expand the fuel filter bracket slightly and slide the fuel filter forward and out of the bracket.
INSTALLATION

Install fuel filter in fuel filter bracket, ensuring proper direction of flow as noted by arrow (toward engine). Align seam in filter with corresponding groove in fuel filter bracket.
NOTE: The "flow" arrow direction should be positioned as installed in bracket to make sure of proper flow of fuel through the replacement filter.

Lubricate O-rings in connectors with engine automotive oil. Install push-connect fittings at both ends of filter. Install new retainer clip in plastic push-connect fitting. Pull back on connectors to ensure the connector latch is fully engaged.
Reinstall existing fuel tube clip to stainless steel push-connect fitting at forward (outlet) end of fuel filter bracket.
Lower vehicle.
START engine and check for leaks. Repair as necessary.
Monday, October 4th, 2010 AT 4:33 PM
JBRZOZA
DIAGRAM SHOWS HOW TO CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER, DONT SHOW OR STATE WHERE IT IS LOCATED. THATS THE INFO I NEED. JOHN
Monday, October 4th, 2010 AT 5:41 PM
JBRZOZA
NEED LOCATION YOU SENT ME HOW TO CHANGE THE FILTER LET ME KNOW IF YOU RECEIVED THIS JOHN
Monday, October 4th, 2010 AT 6:30 PM
JBRZOZA Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:44 pm Post subject: 1987 Ford Windstar FULE FILTER LOCATION

JBRZOZA Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:41 pm Post subject: FUEL FILTER LOCATION

Everything you need is right on the pic and instructions what's the problem. Request for your refund-
Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 AT 4:10 AM