RECHARGING AC

1994 Ford Tempo

proctor.andrew

June, 17, 2010 AT 7:16 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1994 Ford Tempo

I'm trying to recharge the AC in a 1994 Ford Tempo. I can't seem to make a connection between, what I think is the, recharge port. It tries to connect but will just spew refrigerant everywhere. Any ideas? Am I using the right port. It's at the very front under the hood. HELP! I've been without AC for almost seven years and can't bear another Texas summer!

June, 17, 2010 AT 7:31 PM

The low pressure service port is located in the low pressure line from the compressor.

FORD: 1994 TEMPO

LINCOLN-MERCURY: 1994 TOPAZ

ISSUE: The service couplers originally supplied with most of the Rotunda R-134a A/C Service Centers, models 078-00850 and 176-00001, were too long to access the suction port on the subject vehicles with the R-134a system.

ACTION: New shorter Retrofit High and Low Side Quick Disconnect Couplers were provided at no cost to Rotunda customers. These couplers should be used as a permanent replacement. Access to the suction port is achieved with these Low Side Quick Disconnect Couplers.

Additional pairs of these R-134a Low Side Quick Disconnect Couplers, for use on these or other brands of R-134a Service Equipment are available through Rotunda by ordering item # 176-R0036.

OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE

WARRANTY STATUS: INFORMATION ONLY

OASIS CODES: 208000

fixitmr

June, 18, 2010 AT 11:07 PM

The freon low side port is up by firewall left side by/on canister in ac line. It's a little difficult to get to on 4cyl.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue