1991 Ford Tempo cranks but will not start

TH24567
  • 1991 FORD TEMPO
I got the 91 fore tempo from my uncle after my girlfriend wrecked her car. The car sat for a year. Suring that year it would be started every couple of weeks until one day it would not start. I have put good gas, changed the plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor button, and the coolant temp sensor. The car will start sporatically. It is getting spark and feul. B ut only starts easily from starting fluid and only runs for 30 seconds tops. There is another sensor that looks just like the coolant temp sensor bt it is underneath of the feul pressure regulator. If I unplug it the car starts on its own a few times but again only runs for about 30 seconds. Any ideas?
Friday, March 28th, 2008 AT 6:26 PM

MASTERTECHTIM
Sounds like you have very weak fuel pump. First thing you have to do is check the fuel pressure. Try checking fuel filter first and see if it is plugged.
+1
Friday, March 28th, 2008 AT 6:52 PM
Check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge this will give you an idea is to what's happening with fuel filter/pressure regulator and fuel pump-get it done and comeback with the pressures that is with and w/o vacuum at the regulator-
Friday, March 28th, 2008 AT 6:53 PM