2006 Ford Taurus CHECK THE ENGINE LIGHT ON

FLAVIOSALI
  • 2006 FORD TAURUS
I have a 2006 Ford Taurus with 78,000 km which uses a regular 87 octanes gasoline. From time to time the "check the engine" light turns on. My mechanic checked the car with the tester and the diagnosis was "multiple misfire 1,000 km ago". The light turned on just 50 km before I went to the mechanic. He told me that this was not a serious problem but rather an usual behaviour in Ford cars?. The car drives and run normally all the time and then suddenly the check the engine light turns off. This has happened 4 or 5 times in the last 6 months(11,000 km mileage).
Is it safe to drive the car and don't take care of this warning light?

Thanks,

Flavio Salinas
Edmonton/AB, Canada
Thursday, April 2nd, 2009 AT 7:05 PM

The reason the light is coming on is because there is a problem. It isn't common for Fords to have a misfire unless there is an ignition problem, electrical problem, or it is in need of a tune up.

Please explain what is happening, have the computer rescanned, and let me know what the code is. Chances are it needs a tune-up or some other simple item.
Thursday, April 9th, 2009 AT 12:20 PM